Looking for a hideaway? Self-contained character barn conversion with stunning 180 degree panoramic views of the Peak District. Log burner and gorgeous views over the large pond – look out for kingfishers, herons or hot air balloons passing by. Cosy hayloft bedroom with skylights for star gazing. Close to Ashbourne (2 miles) and gorgeous walks in the Peak District and at Dovedale (4 miles). Alton Towers (10 miles). All welcome. Dog friendly.
- Recently refurbished beamed barn, a self-contained holiday home in the grounds of our home which used to be a farm.
- Spacious open plan living space with log burner, sofabed, TV and free wifi.
- Cosy hayloft mezzanine double bedroom with skylights perfect for star gazing.
- Kitchen with fridge, dishwasher, oven, hob, microwave, kettle, toaster and adjacent dining area.
- Bathroom with shower.
- Central heating and log burner.
- Garden area with stunning views over a large pond, firepit and BBQ area.
- Can also be booked with Mayfield Hideaway Static Caravan (sleeps 4).
- Guests are also welcome to walk the acre of wider garden full of secret twists and turns and stunning views: an old – but good for ball games and scooting – tennis court, a hammock and rope swing.
- Mayfield Hideaway has off road parking spaces and you can access footpaths in the neighbouring fields.
- We can also store bikes for you and arrange access to a washing machine in the garage.
- We’re available by message, phone or in person to help, we love helping to plan days out or special occasions or suggesting adventures or ideas to help you make the most of your trip. Otherwise, we’ll just respect your privacy and leave you in peace to enjoy your hideaway.
We’re located between two villages, just off the road into Ashbourne on the Derbyshire/Staffordhire border. We have the best of both worlds in terms of easy access to the Peak District and the convenience of shops and eateries in Ashbourne, less than 2 miles away.
Ilam, Dovedale, Dimmingdale and The Roaches all make great walking spots. Chatsworth, Kedleston, Haddon Hall, Sudbury Museum of Childhood are within easy reach. Alton Towers is under 10 miles. We have everything from dog friendly pubs with great pub grub to Michelin guide mentioned pubs and a gastro burger pub.
Carsington and Tittersworth are great for birdwatching and watersports and Coombe Valley is a Visit England Hidden Gem of an RSPB reserve – great for birders and families alike.
Thor’s Cave and Lud’s Church, Ramshaw Rocks, The Roaches, Lover’s Leap, Dove Holes are incredible limestone and gritstone rock formations with fascinating local legends attached.
We’re very close to two traffic free and flat cycle tracks, both with cycle hire, the Tissington and Manifold Trails. We can recommend excellent climbing, watersports photography, craft, cycling and horseriding providers.
The Potteries is Europe’s Ceramic capital and you can visit the factories of Emma Bridgewater, Gladstone, Wedgwood and many others and take part in pottery workshops.
Need to know:
Towels and bed linen provided.
Check-in time after 3PM and check out out by 11AM.
Self check-in with lockbox.
Bookings are currently taken via Airbnb platform:
- Guests: 2
- Amenities: Dining area, Dog friendly, DVD, Fireplace, Flat-screen TV, Free parking, Free WiFi, Games, Garden, Hairdryer, Log Burner, Netflix, Pet friendly, Tea Coffee Milk, Towels and Linens
- View: Dovedale, Peak District
- Size: 60m²
- Bed Type: Double and double sofa bed
- Categories: Peak District